If you see any of my creations and would like one made or if I still have it in my stock. I'd be happy to sell it and am available for commission anytime. My Email is in the sidebar.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

WOYWW

HAPPY WOYWW and only a little more time for the big reveal with all those ATC swaps
So here is my space this week I'm working on Window number 2 it's smaller then the 1st one but coming along I'll be working on it lots more this week to get it all done and ready put into the spot it belongs. Here is a look down on it
 Then here is a look Up on my desk the Lamp shade I made ages ago ... I love how they turn out but I honestly like to make windows a lot better.  So everything is stacked out of the way to give be space for my window
So here is the 1st one all done and put up so nice to look at and happy it's done

seeing we are doing all of these updates in our house we've found some really kewl little things in it 
who ever built it had some expensive taste for somethings cause in our sunroom we are in the middle of just updating it alittle when we found this hidden underneath all the boring wood paneling we've never seen this before
This is painted old safety glass with the wire inside it we've cleaned all the peeling paint off it and are going to keep it on one side and have wood paneling on the outside but this must have looked amazing in it's day seeing the house was built in the 1920's the DH is going to add in some molding and trims all around to make it look like it's never been touched.
This is just so kewl to have found

Happy Wed hugs Nikki
I'll pop around to as many peeps as I can 
and I'll be sharing all the ATC's when it's the big WOYWW# 6


24 comments:

  1. Wow, clever you with the stained glass creations. Stained glass/lead lighting is so (can't think of an appropriate word..tired), charming, evocative,character filled...You know what I mean. Good works!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly Nikki, that first window is gorgeous. And the second one is going to be beautiful once it is finished and hung. You are doing a fantastic job.

    Those windows are quite a find, especially if they were installed when the house was built. I had a safety glass installed in my back kitchen door in my last house, and it cost me a fortune. I can only imagine what it cost in 1920!

    Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the window up in all it's glory, and look forward to seeing your new find, restored!! what a great find indeed. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. o my goodness you made the lamp shade i am so impressed! its lovely!

    Happy Woyww! Have a great week :)
    Charlie.x #11
    or find me here
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/woyww-may-19th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh what a treasure trove you are unearthing. Love your restored windows but also love the lamp - please can we see it a bit more some time.
    Fab projects you have going on.
    Hugs, Neet 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW you are #5 not 4 lol thought my eyes were playing up. Love your glasswork, such a wonderful craft that is but expensive.
    Bridget #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of the fact that you work with stained glass!! Of all the crafts yet to try, glass making is at the top of my list. I adore glass in all forms!!
    And how interesting to find that safety glass behind the panelling...I wonder why they put it there in the first place?
    HUgs, LLJ 15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nikki your stained glass is gorgeous!!! I love the finished one you did too! So cool that you work with that, I admire you for that!
    And how cool what you discovered while taking down some wood paneling! Cannot wait to see what it looks like once ya'll are done!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow thats all i can say about your window its amazing!! Lea number 24

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. Can I possibly convey how amazing this is? Well done you!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your talent is amazing both the finished piece and the one in progress. Looking forward to seeing how the safety glass looks when all finished.
    sandra de @32

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh, your restoration work is so admirable, methodical and careful..pretty sure most people would have smashed straight through that original glass! You're making progress with the window too-- oh Missus, lend us some of your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nikki- Stained Glass, how wonderful. I adore this artform. And what an amazing find, it's surprising what people cover over, isn't it? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #20 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your stained glass very pretty #58

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be great to unearth surprises on a renovation, although it looks like you are in the middle of a big job.
    Your stained glass is amazing.
    Hugs Lisax #48

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm impressed with your renovations, that you have the knowledge, know-how and gumption! I'm extra impressed with your stained glass abilities. That window is spectacular. Judy #60

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those windows are lovely, as is the lamp. How wonderful to uncover something nice in a renovation!

    Thanks for the blog visit earlier.

    Happy creating and happy woyww,

    Sandy #26

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love your stained glass! The finished window is gorgeous! And what a cool find! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #45

    ReplyDelete
  19. those windows are beautiful, worth what I'm sure you many hours work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your windows are coming along fabulous! I'd love to have those in my home. So beautiful. And I envy all of those markers you have. I have a small set of Copic and Staedtler...need more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The window is stunning! My house sadly has been pretty much gutted (before I bought it) of anything original. So I'll enjoy your reveals vicariously : D. #53

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your windows Nikki. That is something I have always fancied trying but daren't starr something else!?
    Hugs
    Hettie 49
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. The window looks amazing Nikki. Not long now for the special day. Have a great week and happy crafty woyww, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I just love to read them.
I do sell my cards if you see something you like send me an email it's in the side bar.
hugs Nikki
Check out Visit Limited Runs Stamps
Digital Stamps for those on a budget